Monday, February 13, 2017

transfer 8, week 4

NOSSA MI NINA!

I know I speak Portuguese even though I am not sure that is even spelled right but whatever. I say it to Soza all the time. It just means basically, in YSA speak, DANG GIRL. It's all good here on the west coast of the mission aka outer darkness but its all chill. We are having fun! And of course seeing miracles for days!

We had a boss zone activity with the Fort Myers and Naples Zones combined and we all got super wet from the water balloons, but it was worth it because Florida is a death zone of heat. Even though its nothing compared to summer, it's still dang hot.

We had a great zone training in Naples this week about being converted to our goals. If we don't have them in our minds 24/7 and we aren't doing everything we can to hit them, we probably won't get there you know? BUT, as we all work together towards our goals, we will hit them and more! So it was a good pump up. Sister Soza painted the new flag for the zone and it looks unreal. I helped about 2% and colored it in. I hate painting though so she almost killed me but its all good and it looks amazing.

We also had a recent convert from Brazil who just moved into the branch and he is amazing! His testimony is so strong. He worked on the temple in Meridian, Idaho and then joined the church because of the wonderful experiences he had there. He is so awesome and so converted and it still amazes me, after A YEAR (!!!), to see how much the Gospel and Christ can change people and their lives forever.

Super cool quotes from this week's studies:
"Real charity is not something you give away; it is something that you acquire and make a part of yourself... charity is expecting the best of each other" -Marvin J Ashton
"It's all a part of the experience." - A senior missionary here. I loved it. Everything that happens to us, not just as missionaries, but throughout our lives, is all part of the experience.
"To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or opposed upon us by someone or something else." -Elder Bednar

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. Not as much as God does, but hey, it's pretty close.

1: Family picture! (Elders Davis, Foster, Adams)

2: No explanation needed

3: NAPLES NIKE ZONE!! Look how excited Elder Durrant looks!

4: Pollo tropical aka my love

5: I speak Creole now too

6: Comp pic of the week

7: back at it

8: Remember how I said our house was infested with cockroaches? Found this in my cereal on Thursday. Bueno.

9: I NEED TO GO TO BRAZIL.

10: One more of the flag because it looks so good

No comments:

Post a Comment